Picture

Picture

Archives

10.07.2015

Back to normal...for now.

At least until the next tornado hits. It takes me almost a week to get back to normal after a hundred mile race...and I didn't even run it. Before we left I did this to the apartment:

Untitled

We have an actual long fall season, and I was putting it off and putting it off in hopes we would be in our house, but I had to go ahead and do it...and bust out fall/winter clothes. And boy did the kids and Moonpie love it. Michael and I not so much. It was terrible and stuff was all over. Blech.

Also while we were in Utah, Ella Kate had a book character parade...she went as Fancy Nancy. She looks FANCY! Mimi did a great job on her! She said there was one other Fancy Nancy...most everybody else was Elsa...which is dumb...she really isn't a book character...more like Disney princess. Ella Kate had mentioned Elsa while we were trying to decide and I told her no, she is in a movie...not books, even though there are books. We had it narrowed down to Fern (couldn't find normal overalls - really skinny jean overalls, do you know how unflattering that is...I have been wanting a normal pair of overalls, they are all skinny jeans and just look ridiculous!) Emily Elizabeth (Clifford) and Pinkalicious. Ella Kate decided on Fancy Nancy.

Untitled

Untitled

Here is Addison's 4 year preschool picture.

Untitled

She is also starting to write her name, which is exciting!

Untitled

Swimming lessons are going well...Ella Kate is in the beginner older kids class just to refresh her on the basics. Addison is in the basic beginner class, starting from scratch, even though 2 summers ago she was going under water and holding her breath. She is just afraid! This week was a safety class, so she wore a life jacket and learned how to float using that. The bad part about the pool is that she can't stand up in the shallow end because it is a little deep. Ella Kate went to the deep end (9') and was treading water. They did so well that the instructor let them go down the big slide. Ella Kate said she was scared at first, but after she did it I heard her say "Can I do that again?!"

Untitled

We also had open house last week at Ella Kate's school. She showed us all over her classroom and what she does each day. I got to see her necklace of beads. The kids get beads for doing good deeds and good behavior. Notice the title of the poster, she is pointing to hers...apparently she wants to learn to clean the cats litter box. Random. But when we get in the house, I might just teach her. We don't like walking in the cat litter in the one bathroom we are currently sharing with all of us and the cat. Blech.

Untitled

These two are nutty at night. They usually have a fine time winding down before going to bed...and then just crash. They will be in for a rude awakening when we move!

Untitled

Last night.
Untitled

After I finished the post from yesterday I checked my email and the builder had sent a picture of the cabinets

Untitled

I had sent one yesterday morning because I really wanted to know the height of the fridge we needed to buy. I asked if there were cabinets above the fridge. I said that both my sister and in-laws had to cut cabinets to get the fridge to fit and I didn't want to do that, or have to mess with returning it! So she gave me the correct dimensions for the fridge. So we headed over there last night to take a look to see if a french door fridge (right side door) would hit the pantry.

Untitled

The cabinets are 42" tall, super tall...I opened them and said holy moly...Michael said we will need a stool. In the corners by the oven are two lazy susans on each side. So that is fun, no wasted space.

Hard to see, but the shower is tiled. All the floors are grouted. The shower looks great! Really needs a glass door, but that will be later! So for now we might just use a clear shower curtain.

Untitled

They also said the counter-tops will be installed in two weeks. Unfortunately I don't think we will be in before November which is a huge bummer. All of us, including Moonpie are ready to get out of here! Even though they said they could give us a close-out date once the cabinets were in, they still can't give me one. Argh! There is still a good bit of stuff to do: cabinet and drawer knobs, toilets, installing oven, installing bathroom vanities, all lighting and fans, more baseboards, final painting, rails for porch, capstone for porch columns, driveway paving...just little stuff here and there. If they worked on the house for a week straight, it would be done. But unfortunately they are trying to get more properties framed and roofed so they have something to work on in the winter. So bad news for us. I told Michael on the way home watch us be moving on Friday the 13th...November 13...my 36th birthday. Getting close, just not close enough!




No comments: