Picture

Picture

Archives

9.01.2015

Last week...

Was adventurous as all get out, and we only had three miles on the trails with the girls.

Ella Kate has had a runny nose since school started, which is typical...being around a bunch of kids.

Wednesday I was making dinner and almost succeeded in cutting my right pointer fingertip off. Ouch. I was cutting open a chicken breast bag with a butcher knife and it slipped. I still flinch just thinking about it...also why I haven't blogged yet as it still hurts. No stitches required...good chunk of blood...and the girls were amazed that I didn't cry. I have a high tolerance for pain. I cleaned it up and was fine if I kept my finger in the air...above my heart, below my heart it pounded and would bleed. I did something very similar while I was secretly pregnant (3 months) with Addison. It was Christmas and we were decorating and I was cutting cinnamon sticks to stick in an apothecary jar for the mantle. It hurt a little but the sight of blood made me want to throw up. So Michael fixed my finger while I was looking into a toilet. Anyway, its healed, just tender.

Untitled

Thursday Ella Kate woke up with a fever and a productive cough. So she stayed home from school. At 5:10pm Thursday night she said her chest felt tight and I noticed the productive cough had turned into the unproductive asthma cough. Insert yay here. So we started her inhaler and I would beat her back every hour to break that stuff up so she could spit it out. Her problem is she hates coughing...so I have to beat her and force her to cough. Her old pediatrician showed me how to hit her back. Dr orders to beat her back. So I called the new Dr Friday and made an appointment. We went to three dr appt in under 24 hours. Ella Kate went at 10, Addison had her 4 year check up at 2:20 and we had a follow up for EK at 8:30 Saturday. I never did hear a wheeze, but the dr. heard a rattle in her lower left lung. That lower left lung is always the problem. That's where she gets pneumonia. So she decided to give her steroids anyway...and Saturday she was good to go.

Addison had a surprise at the Dr. The nurse said we could go ahead with her 5 year shots. At first I said no, I told her she wouldn't get shots today...and then I asked how many and it was 4 combined into 2. I told her to do it, she is smaller, knock it out. So we did it. She screamed when she cleaned her leg with alcohol and then let out two whimpers with the shots. She sat up and said, "That's it? No more?" I said yes and she stopped crying. Maybe she has my tolerance for pain? So she is good to go for kindergarten next year! She also requested noodles and ice cream for dinner.

Saturday we asked if everyone wanted to go ahead with the hike, they said yes, but wanted a short one. So we hiked up Lane Pinnacle, ate lunch, kept all water bottles intact...and headed home for naps. I needed a big ole burger due to all the blood-loss from the finger, so we went and split a burger at Wicked Weed. There food is superb! Beer too, but I was in bad need of a burger! I can't wait till we can grill our own, on our own deck, at our house! Speaking of...we went to the house Sunday and checked it out. Sheetrock and mudding are done, some rooms had their first coat of paint on them too.

Top of Lane Pinnacle
Untitled

Asheville's watershed...I believe the lake is called Burnett Reservoir, supplies Asheville's drinking water.
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

My least favorite part about our house. This is our bathroom. They didn't go high end with the showers and tubs for some reason. They are fiberglass. We decided just to put a shower in ours with no tub. The girls have a shower/tub combo. One day in a galaxy far far away, we will rip it out and tile it...the only expensive part is the glass door. I don't know why they went cheap with that...everything else is nice!
Untitled

Living room, dining room, fireplace
Untitled

Our massive closet.
Untitled

Kitchen.
Untitled

Master.
Untitled

Addison's room.
Untitled

Master bath sinks.
Untitled

We made one HUGE discovery...we have NO ATTIC!! So I will be getting rid of a TON of stuff...and doing some major organizing of the closets. There is an abundance of storage within the house, which is good. But we just have some major getting rid of coming our way. I told Michael we needed to go back to a real Christmas tree so we won't have to store them. He is the one that has issues with them for some reason. He also had issues with fake Christmas trees as the lights would give him fits when we turned it on. Just hoping Ella Kate isn't allergic. Argh. Michael has plans to install a pull down in the garage...I told him I am just going to get rid of stuff!

After we got back from the house, we had to reseal the seams of our rain fly. Some of the seam tape had worn off. We will have to buy a new tent in a few years...our trusty North Face Road Runner 33 has about had it. We are on our second rain fly, the first one lost its water proofing and we got soaked one trip.We got it the first year we were married, so almost 12 years old.
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Moonpie loved it.
Untitled

Weirdo hanging on a ledge.
Untitled


So this week Ella Kate will be resuming violin lessons at A Joyful Noise. She is excited! We went to Black Mountain to rent her a violin. Those lessons start tomorrow. We joined the YMCA last week and I signed them up for swimming lessons. I myself have participated in a spinning class and a piyo class. Loved the Piyo...spinning was fun too, it was a good workout, but my but hurt something fierce on that hard seat. Tomorrow I am doing an athletic conditioning class, Thursday a Piyo class, and Friday an integrated strength class. I am able to drop Addison off at the Ycare and she loves it. Toys galore and a nice playground for them. She was a little sad that she didn't get to go back to the playground today, but my class was in the early morning and it was colder. She looks forward to it, but that will change again next week as she starts school!

Ella Kate has a half day Friday, Michael is picking her up because Addison and I will be at meet the teacher at her school. After we meet up, we are heading to Linville Falls/Gorge for camping and hiking! The girls are SUPER PUMPED for camping...just hoping the weather cooperates...temps will be perfect - upper 70s and upper 50s at night, but little chance for rain....so until next time!


No comments: