Picture

Picture

Archives

10.18.2013

Fall Break!

Pretty typical around these parts. I had to work, and I was trying to get ahead because I was starting pansy planting the following week.

Michael and I bought tickets to see the Lumineers at Mud Island on the way to the beach last summer. We had a great time, but the set was short. I guess that is what you get when they only have one album out!

Michael ended up being off work on Friday morning. He took Ella Kate to Lowe's super early, around 6:00. Ella Kate is a terrible sleeper. Her lights are off around 7-7:30, and she usually goes to bed around 9:00-9:30. She enjoys standing on her bed and signing into something and looking at herself in the mirror. We usually have to go in there 2 or 3 times and tell her to simmer down. Then she usually wakes up anywhere from 4-6am. Ridiculous. We actually got into some fist fights while I was planting pansies for 2.5 days. She was waking up at 3:30 to see me leave. So we are working on figuring something out, besides the obvious, drugging her. Kidding. Not. Yes. No.

Anyway, she probably gets it from me. I was awake that morning from 3:30 till 4:30 Friday morning. And during that time, I had a huge urge to go camping, with the kids. I kept waiting on Michael to wake up so I could see what he thought, but I finally fell back asleep. I texted him while he was at Lowe's and asked if he wanted to go. His reply, "Whatever." So they got home and he said sure. I called Tishomingo to see if we could even get a spot and they had only one available and we reserved it! We only did one night because there was a chance of rain for Saturday. I got off the phone and we immediately started throwing stuff in a pile. We left the house at 8:00 and we were at the campsite by 12:30. We stopped in Corinth to grab lunch and some provisions (glow sticks).

We got all our stuff out of the car and set up the tent. The girls couldn't wait to get in the tent with their Cinderella sleeping bags. We decided to go hiking, this is the one part that they have trouble with. They don't appreciate it yet. But when we do get to certain neat points on trails, you can see that they like it. Addison has to be carried the whole way, so one of us is carrying a 24lb weight the whole time. We walked around 2 miles. Then we went back to camp and got the car and headed out in search of firewood. Michael and I were gathering wood while the girls were playing on a big pile of hardwood mulch. I heard EK scream ANTS! We ran over and Michael grabbed EK and I grabbed Addison and we stripped them down and got all the ants off of them. Addison was the only one that got bit, about 5 times, but she seemed to not care. After the ant episode, we loaded the wood and headed back to camp. The girls ran and ran and ran around the campsite. They were tickled to eat dinner off the campstove. We cleaned up and they played some more and then it got dark and we busted out the camp fire and glow sticks. If you take little kids camping, my best advice is to bring glow sticks...and toy shovels, which I forgot.

Michael brought a popcorn maker that we used over the campfire and once again, huge hit with the chiren. We mowed down some popcorn and they played a little while longer. Then at 9:00 Addison declared that she wanted her blankie. I knew she was beat. I held her a little by the fire and then we went to bed.

They were so excited to get in the tent, that Addison didn't even want to wear her pants. Glow sticks were flying and we finally got them settled down. Michael and I slept on the outsides and the girls in between us. I have no idea what time this happened, but Addison woke up screaming Mom, Mama, Mom, Mama, Mom....I scooped her up and hushed her. It took about 10 minutes for her to calm down. She either had a bad dream, or she woke up and didn't know where she was. The world may never know.

We didn't hear a peep from them, I even had to go to the bathroom at 4:30am and didn't wake anyone up! EK woke up around 6:00 and said she had to go to the bathroom, but she woke everyone up. Addison had scooted down to my knees and had pinned me up against the door of the tent. I kept pushing her towards the middle and she would go right back where she was. I had to keep her covered up since she decided to party without her pants on!

We woke up and ate breakfast and decided to hit another trail. We walked about 2 miles and saw a small waterfall, a river, and a swinging bridge. No one complained on that hike!

Then we headed back to camp, packed it up, and headed back to Arlington. Then it rained a good bit!

Yes we had a few meltdowns, some complaining, but overall, I think it was a successful trip and I can't wait to do it again!

Michael and I are going to South Cumberland Gap, Savage Gulf area in November for my birthday, just the two of us! We are looking forward to it!!

For some unknown reason, both girls, passed out at 9:00 in the morning. Odd.
Dirty little Addison

One of my new favorite pictures!
I was going to delete this until I saw Addison, and the spit coming out of her mouth! This was our silly pose!
One meltdown.
They called this, nap time.

My other new favorite picture!
And little Addison doing weird things!

Organizing candy corn!
Running Free!
Hiking on the dam.
Done with hiking, heading back to camp.
Glow stick time!

Dad with his popcorn ladies!
When she said, I want my blankie!

Second hike, following morning.





Till next time!

No comments: